We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience during this works.
March 2022 WEATHER EVENT
Current Road Closures: 21-04-2022
- Welshs Creek Road Talarm Bridge approach Talarm is CLOSED near the approach to the Talarm Bridge - has been closed due to a landslip.
A detour is in place via Boat Harbour Road and Williams Hill Road. The intersection of Rhones Creek Road and Talarm Road is still serviceable.
- Bellingen/Bowraville Fire Trail Spicketts Creek CLOSED
Please be aware that road conditions can change at any time and the information provided is to the best of our knowledge at the stated time. For emergency help in floods and storms, call the SES on 132 500. In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero). Council is continuously assessing the road conditions throughout the Valley and will update the Live Traffic site only when new verified information comes to hand.
Links to other organisations:
State Emergency Services
Bureau of Meteorology
Flood Recovery Assistance
Council Emergency Calls (After Hours) Phone: 1800 26 27 28
Important Messages From The SES
- Never drive, ride or walk through floodwater.
- Stack possessions, records, stock or equipment on benches and tables, placing electrical items on top.
- Secure objects that are likely to float and cause damage.
- Relocate waste containers, chemicals and poisons well above floor level.
- Activate your Home or Business FloodSafe Plan.
- Keep listening to your local radio station for information, updates and advice.
- Keep in contact with your neighbours.
- Be prepared to evacuate if advised by emergency services.
- Act early as roads may become congested or closed.
Link to Further Information on Flood Recovery
News - 1 September 2021 - We are recommending the use of Live Traffic NSW
MyRoadInfo is recommending all local government areas currently using MyRoadInfo switch to the Live Traffic NSW service.
Live Traffic NSW is provided by Transport for NSW and is a combined source of information for State Roads, Local Roads and includes feeds from the Rural Fire Service and neighbouring states.
The benefits of Live Traffic:
- Please download and use Live Traffic NSW mobile apps, as they now include a local council information layer, which includes data from MyRoadInfo member councils.
- The MyRoadInfo website will be discontinued soon and redirected to the Live Traffic NSW website (https://www.livetraffic.com/).
- The MyRoadInfo iOS and Android apps are to be removed from their respective app stores and will no longer be supported.
- Live Traffic NSW now displays local road information from council data feeds.
- The Live Traffic NSW system is designed to support the high traffic load during extreme weather events. This will ensure that the system will continue to run smoothly during emergencies.
- Live Traffic NSW continues to invest in adding new features and functionality.
Current information relating to roads within the Valley