Companion Animals On / Off Leash Areas
Dogs are permitted on certain beaches as follows at all times:
- Nambucca Heads - from Swimming Creek beach access northwards to the walk bridge access to the beach from the public reserve adjoining Valla Park Resort; and
- North Valla Beach - from the access path off the car park on the northern end of Cockburn Street (4WD access) to the northern boundary of the Shire; and
- Scotts Head - from the Christian Youth Centre beach access path on Banksia Crescent northwards. (Below the mean high water mark as defined and administered by National Parks and Wildlife); and
- The northern end of Stuart Island as an off-leash area on the Crown Land Reserve - dogs are not permitted to chase the wildlife within the inter-tidal zone; and
- Valla Beach Lions reserve (Lot 7001 DP 1113132). The off leash area commences 10m from the southern side of the amenities block and extends to the southern end of the reserve. Dogs are not permitted to be off leash in this area during organised public events.
On Leash Areas
- Nambucca Heads - from the western most beach access from the Shelly Beach car park northward to the Swimming Creek beach access.
- Boulton’s Crossing Reserve – Gumma
- Taylors Arm Reserve with the exception of the Playground and Sports Field
Before 9.00am and after 6.00pm:
- North Valla Beach – from the timber walkway on the north side of the headland to the access path referred to above; and
- Forsters Beach (Main beach) – Scotts Head from the Southern main beach car to Banksia Crescent.